Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Horrible Start to a Day

On my drive to work this morning, there was traffic - I know, shocker - but this morning was worse than normal. While I understand some people are not exactly patient, one truck in particular decided to drive in the breakdown lane because his exit was next. Living in New England for a while now, I've learned that this isn't really uncommon. HOWEVER this morning the driver picked the wrong day to do it because he found out first had what the traffic jam was...

Get this - a cop had pulled someone over for driving in the breakdown lane, and from what I could gather hit a puddle of water and skidded up and over the curb on the side of the highway (the car not the cop). The truck didn't see this dabocle because it was around a bend... until it was too late that is - the truck actually rear-ended the police car!!! And we are not talking about a gentle tap on the bumper, this was a fairly large pick-up truck that was going about 40 mph in the breakdown lane!

Needless to say the traffic jam didn't clear up much after that because of all the rubber-necking going on - I mean really, how often do you see a thing like that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.