Monday, March 1, 2010

Matchmaker

Last week I was at an event, well, more of a meeting than an event, but after the meeting everyone was socializing. One of the women, who mind you I had only spoken about 3 sentences to prior to the meeting, asked me if I was married. This by itself is a harmless enough question, so I answered "no" and thought she would leave it at that - but no! Endearingly so, she got very excited and told me that she had a guy that I HAD to meet! One of the other members of the group stepped in on my behalf and asked all the important questions (How old is he, what does he do, is he from a good family...) I appreciated the gesture very much, it was very nice and I was extremely flattered. That being said...

Then came the kicker... she asked how old I was. After I told her, she announced loudly enough so the entire room could hear her "oh good! you're still nice and fertile!" I will admit it has been a while since I've blushed that badly... but really, who says that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.